Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 13 April 2023

GP Industries Ruh Amber

 



A sample stick from GP Industries, a new incense company to me. They are based in the city of Shimoga in Karnataka, and their best known brand is Pandhari (which I have bought from an eBay company that was recommended to me on Reddit and will review at some point). 

A tightly hand rolled soft crumbly charcoal paste on a machine-cut plain bamboo splint, coated with a woody melnoorva powder. The main aroma on the stick is from a liquid fragrance. It is a musky, sensual scent - very appealing. Wood and floral notes. Fairly neutral scent that could be worn as a perfume by men or women. Musk dominates for me, though well blended with wood and floral notes. Quite delicious and yummy - it has elements of frangipani pie, and almonds, and something green. I do like this. 

It is a steady burner, gently but decidedly informing the room with a sensual woody warmth that lingers as the best masala always does.  While the aroma on the stick was predominantly from a musky liquid fragrance, the aroma on the burn is much more woody - a creamy, sandalwood. Though termed Amber the scent is more likely to come from Labdanum, a sticky resin obtained from a variety of rock rose. 

I do like this, and would be happy to get more. I do like sensual, musky, woody scents. And this is a good one. 


Date: April 2023    Score: 44 




2 comments:

  1. I got to try this very recently and I loved them too. I'd love to try more products from G P and review them on my own blog at some point but I can't find a proper catalogue or social media page for the brand. Do you have any contact information for G P Industries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have what I linked in the review (under the words "They are based") :
      JustDial

      There's also:
      Deldure
      , and a few other places giving basic information. I haven't found a website for the incense GP Industries (there are other companies with the same name which have websites, but those don't make incense.

      There is an email address: gpindustries@gmail.com, but I'm not sure if that is correct.


      I've just had a look at your blog:
      WhiffOfAmbrosia
      . Cool. I'll put it in my blogs list.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: