Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 17 April 2023

Tulasi Nag Champa & Sandalwood Incense Sticks



Tulasi have a range of masala style sticks which they have catalogued as Nag Champa Delights. There are 14 scents in the range - the leading one of which is simply Tulasi Nag Champa. That is a very fine nag champa style incense which I like a lot. The rest of the range use the nag champa name, added to another scent - as in Nag Champa & Rose, which I also enjoyed. In all three of the scents I have burned so far, the main aroma is carried by a liquid fragrance - a decent quality liquid fragrance, either a proper perfume or an essential oil, perhaps even an absolute, though at the price point, probably not. 

 
The full range of Nag Champa Delights

The scent on the stick is candy sweet with some rose (Turkish delight?) and gently sharp citric notes, plus an earthy edge a little like civet (cat pee) - there are other notes to play around with, it's a surprisingly inviting and interesting scent, though not one I would mark as heavenly. It's interesting and pleasant. I like interesting. 

The scent on the burn is a little more modest and woody.  I'm not sure of the relationship with nag champa in the scent, as it is mainly sandalwood - I'm not picking up much in the way of floral, let alone the more distinctive joy of champaca.  It is possible that there is some nag champa or simply champaca in the blend, but that I'm not picking it up.  The sandalwood scent is, however, warm and pleasant. 

I intend at some point doing a re-review and comparison of the whole series. Meanwhile, I'm marking this, and all the other Nag Champa Delights, as 35 - midway in my "Enjoyable, decent quality scents" ranking. 

Date: April 2023   Score: 35 

***

More Tulasi reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: