Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 28 January 2022

Tulasi Nag Champa & Rose Incense Sticks

 


Sarathi International of Bangalore, are a major incense manufacturer using the brand name Tulasi, and export all over the world - Australia, France, America, etc. I got this from JustAromatherapy, who are currently selling these 15g packs for £1.49

I primarily knew Tulasi as a brand for decent quality everyday perfumed incense. Nothing remarkable, but decently made, and usually pleasant enough. Then I discovered their proper job masala, Vidwan, and I was impressed, so I have been looking at their other masala incense, which is just starting to creep into the UK. I've not yet met anything which approaches the delights of Vidwan, but this masala incense is pleasant enough. It's not really proper job masala - these sticks are very similar to the Green Tree incense I burned earlier today, Call Of The Shaman, in which the scent is mainly carried by a perfume which the stick has been dipped in, rather than mainly or solely by a blend of resins and dried flowers and herbs. A charcoal paste has been thinly hand rolled around a thin pink dyed bamboo stick, then rolled into a finishing powder, and dipped into a perfume or essential oil. The amount of ingredients is not huge, so the stick burns fairly quickly. Sometimes a short burn is what one wants, so that is not a complaint, just a fact. Given the price, and the overall quality, the short burn doesn't prevent this from being a good value incense. 

The scent is very light, pretty, engaging, jolly, floral, feminine, summery, and uplifting. I like it. I like it a lot. It's the sort of scent which catches people's attention and makes them remark - Oh, that's a nice scent, as my daughter did just now as she walked through the room.  

I intend at some point doing a rereview and comparison of the whole series. Meanwhile, I'm marking this, and all the other Nag Champa Delights, as 35 - midway in my "Enjoyable, decent quality scents" ranking. 


Date: Jan 2022   Score: 35 

***

More Tulasi reviews


2 comments:

  1. I reviewed all the Tulasi nag champa range that I could find and I got this because of your review. I mentioned this in my post https://ratnagandh.wordpress.com/2024/01/06/tulasi-nag-champa-range/. I also got the rose jammy note in this incense which kind of resembles Gulkhand which is a rose preserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I'm just finishing a review of a Tulasi incense - but it's one of their everyday synthetics, and it's old, so it aint great.

      Here's a direct link to your review:
      Tulasi Nag Champa range

      Delete

Please leave a comment: