Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 11 January 2022

Ranga Rao Cycle Brand Rose Perfumed Dhoop Sticks

 


I like little dhoops sticks, such as Panchavati, and I like what I have experienced so far of Ranga Rao's Cycle Brand. Other incense products by Ranga Rao, such as their Flute brand, I have not been so keen on! However - little dhoop sticks, and the Cycle Brand, well I had to have it. I bought it from QualityFoodsOnline while I was looking on their site for Cycle's Parampara incense which had been recommended to me by a reader.  QualityFoods have a small but interesting collection of incense, some of which is not available elsewhere. Unfortunately they are not a reliable company, and approximately half of what I ordered did not arrive, but was substituted without consultation. Odd that they have so little respect for the customer and the products they sell that they think they can do that. Imagine going into a restaurant and ordering a meal, say a veggie burger and chips with onion rings and beans, and they deliver a beef burger with mash and the onion rings and beans. Well, they got half the order right, and  had substituted the nearest thing they could find. Mad. Anyway, I raised the issue with them, which they ignored, whilst still sending me promotional emails, including one to review them on TrustPilot. At which point they did get in touch, and ask how they could resolve the issue. Two months later it is still not resolved, and I've told them to forget it. Buy from QualityFoods at your peril! You may get what you want, but you may not. 


Anyway. The incense! Well, it's pleasant, but quite modest. There is a faint whiff of sweet floral rose. But mostly there's not a lot going on. I'm not a huge fan of rose scented incense, so I am a little biased against it, but putting that aside, this is just too modest and ordinary to get excited about. Everyday incense really. 

Date: Jan 2020  Score:  27 





We've been burning these a lot. They have become our go-to everyday incense. The scent is soft, but very pleasant. Moving these up a few points. 


Date: Feb 2022   Score: 32

***

Ranga Rao 


2 comments:

  1. Hi. I also love these Small dhoop Sticks and Sorry for the bad experience From the Quality Foods. But this one is amazing and I also like their sandal one. I hope you got the Parampara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! It's here somewhere, and when I find it I will review it. Our house is not large, and every now and again Chrissie, my wife, likes me to tidy up because we have friends round for dinner. My study is also our dinning room. And when things get tidied up, they get lost!

      Delete

Please leave a comment: