Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 26 June 2023

Ranga Rao Cycle Brand Lia Rainbow

 


This is part of  the Cycle Brand Lia range. Very similar to the Samtrupti which I've just reviewed, so most of the information there applies here, except this is a floral incense ("Vibrant & Active" - "Captures natural green & earthy scents") rather than the fruity incense of the Samtrupti, and there's no free soap strips. 

It's a cheap as chips, well made, everyday perfumed-charcoal incense. It costs 50 Rupees (approx 50p) in India. I got mine from Aavyaa for 98 Rupees (approx 98p) and a good deal on the international shipping - which is currently free for purchases over 5k Rupees (approx £50); for lesser orders there is a sliding scale. The highest charge is 999 Rupees for purchases of 1000 Rupees or less. For domestic (Indian) customers there is no shipping charge. 

Like the fruity Samtrupti, this is a pleasant everyday perfumed incense, though I'm not finding it as bright, colourful, and fun. The floral notes are muddy and feel a little stale. It's like finding some old, slightly mouldy flowers on the ground in a cemetery, or on the compost heap in your garden. It's damp, earthy, somewhat musty, musky, woody. Now, there's much in that description which would normally interest me. It sort of has the macabre attraction of the damp coffin of one of Dracula's wives.  And I should like it more than I do. I may need to come back to this. I think that coming to it straight after the bright, fruity Samtrupti has not done it any favours. I tend, on the whole, not to spend much time reviewing simple perfumed-charcoal incense, though I will come back to this one in a day or two to see what happens. 


Date: June 2023   Score: 25   

***

Ranga Rao 


Best floral incense

2 comments:

  1. I love this incense. Cycle Lia 8 ranges is one of my highest ranking perfumed incenses. I recently reviewed their Spice World Incense which I love.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: