Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 18 April 2024

Aromatika Ace Scents Rose

 


I've been slowly working my way through a bundle of Aromatika Ace Scents I picked up on Amazon a little while ago, updating reviews I did back in 2015, and reviewing scents in the range I'd not yet burned. I just have this Rose and a Palo Santo left, and I have been moderately pleased with these sticks. They are not what I understand as masala, though to be honest I'm not entirely clear on what Indian incense houses expect buyers to understand when they use that term, other than to say that an incense termed "masala" will be of a higher quality in some way than the standard everyday perfumed incense. I think different incense houses will have different understandings of the terms masala, same as they have different understandings of terms such as flora and natural. Anyway, in my experience with the Ace Scents range, they are to me a perfumed incense, using well made but clearly synthetic scents. They are not a budget incense, but nor are they a connoisseurs incense, they are essentially a decent quality everyday room freshener incense. And I'm fine with that.  Some of the scents I like more than others, and that will be purely down to individual preference. 

Rose is one of those scents that if you ask me, I would say is not my favourite. It's not a scent that is cool with a sense of style and sophistication. Yet, when I look at the rose incenses I have burned, I find that on average I enjoy rose, and a good number are among my all time favourite incenses.  It is a popular and classic scent for good reason. 

Anyway, the scent on the stick is sweet and perfumed and fresh, with little bubblegum notes - some jasmine, some peach,  some candy sugar, and some Turkish delight rose.  It's attractive and moreish - I want to keep sniffing!  As is common with perfumed incense (though less dramatically so the better the quality of the perfume and formulation used) the scent on the burn is not as attractive as the scent on the stick; however, it does remain very appealing with most of the sweet floral features on the stick. It's a soft, subtle, and gently beguiling fragrance. Nice. 


Date: March 2024  Score: 34

***

  Aromatika





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: