Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 18 April 2024

Aromatika Ace Scents Palo Santo

 


This is the last of the Amazon bundle of Aromatika's Ace Scents  range, which has enabled me to explore new scents in the range, as well as revisit some scents I burned and reviewed around 10 years ago.  I have been reasonably satisfied with the range as a whole, and the price of £10 for 200 sticks of ten different scents is very fair. These are not traditional masala sticks as claimed on the packs, but they are decent quality everyday synthetic perfumed room fresheners. 

Palo Santo is a fragrant wood from Peru. I'm pretty sure that at some point I did buy some to explore, but at the moment they are lost in one of several boxes of incense that has been consigned to the spare room in order to free up some living space in my study. Recently I tried some Palo Santo fragranced sticks from a Peru incense maker, Ispalla, but sadly they had a manufacturing problem. The incense house have got in touch to say they will send me some fresh, improved samples. I look forward to that. 

Meanwhile, the scent on this stick, as with the rest of the Ace Scents range, is perfumed, synthetic, attractive, and oddly moreish - I keep sniffing the stick. There's a subdued sweetness, some citric notes, some sweet jam (strawberry?), mint, and fresh shoe leather. Very likeable. Not profound. But certainly likeable. As standard with perfumed incense the scent on the burn is a little weaker and less attractive than that on the stick; however, it remains attractive, albeit with a smoky warmth that hinders total enjoyment. This is OK, but one of the weaker sticks in the Ace Scents range. 


Date: March 2024  Score: 26 

***

  Aromatika


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: