Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 22 April 2024

Phool Luxury Incense Cones Lavender

 


I'd been aware of the buzz around Phool for a little while, that they were collecting discarded temple flowers and turning them into incense, so I was keen to try, especially after burning Cycle Brand's Pushkarina. When I saw that Aavyaa  were selling Phool cones for ₹290 (approx. £2.90) with free shipping, I was excited to order a few (The price has since gone up to ₹435). I liked the social intent of Phool, the positive recycling, the sustainability, and I loved the quality packaging. But I didn't get on at all with the formulations and the scents, and after reviewing four of them, I put the remaining cones and sticks to one side. 

I am returning to the cones now for the prosaic reason that we need more cones for the bathroom. And I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've enjoyed these Lavender cones over the past couple of days. I'm not overwhelmed or anything, but I'm getting on with them a lot more than I did with most of the others (which have now all gone because they were simply consigned to the bathroom, so I'm not able to easily return to them and see if I've simply adjusted my thinking, or if the Lavender really are better than the others I've already reviewed - but my recollection is that, other than the Jasmine, we didn't hugely enjoy using them in the bathroom). 

There is a modest lavender aroma on the cone, which is repeated in the burn. There is a general room freshener fragrance about them, but on the whole this is quite palatable, and doesn't smell like stale damp clothes, which is my main experience with Phool so far. To be fair, there is still that little whiff of decay about them, but it's modest, and simply acts as an interesting balance to the quite acceptable mild room freshener lavender. I'm OK with this. It's a reasonably pleasant everyday perfumed room freshener. 


Date: April 2024   Score: 28
***





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: