Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 25 November 2021

The Mother's India Fragrances Rishi

 


Part of the little scent comparison we did a week a or two ago, and which I've not yet written up. This was pretty much universally loved. In the past I have been somewhat hesitant about burning Mother's India Fragrances because of the amount of halmaddi in them, which tended to react badly on me. I seem to be overcoming that reaction, as recently I have not noticed the stinging eyes or tickle in the throat. This is actually a fairly old sample pack which I acquired at the end of 2017 - the maturity may have helped me.  

The scent on the stick is divine - it's a little sort of old fashioned, like a 1950s women's perfume, and there's also a bit of talcum powder. That retro feel is compelling and attractive because it somehow feels modern. The scent on the burn drew comparisons with cotton, flowers, talc and vanilla. I had baby powder. Baby powder is interesting because it borrows scent ideas from Chanel No. 5 (one of my favourite perfumes), and picks up on the clean soapy notes, the rose petal, vanilla and musk that is in No. 5. The whole thing is comforting and relaxing and cooling. It reminds me of some of the modern scents used in British foil wrapped incense.  It is a sweet, playful incense - easy to enjoy, though perhaps lacking the depth and range to make it totally captivating. Certainly an incense I'd be happy to buy again, not so much to explore further, but simply to enjoy as a pleasant, playful, relaxing scent. Good to burn, perhaps, on a sunny summer morning when you simply want to relax and unwind.   

In Hindu religion a Rishi is an enlightened person


Date: Nov 2021   Score: 39 

***

The Mother's India Fragrances


A little scent comparison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: