Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 25 November 2021

Koya's Nirvana Premium Incense Sticks

  


This was part of the batch of samples sent by Koya, and we used it in our little scent comparison where it received a mixed response - top average for most, but among the lowest scores for Chrissie and among the highest for me.  Negative comments included that it was too smoky, and that it smelled of cigars and wet grass, so it didn't feel like a typical incense. I understood why it was compared to cigars as I had a tobacco scent - and a particular tobacco, the St Julien Empire Blend that I also picked up when burning The Mother's Sattva. However, I also had creamy toffee, caramel, black tea, and a solid base of burnt toffee - the whole thing reminding me of Bonfire Night. 

The scent on the stick is divine - and it has all the ingredients noted in the scent comparison, though more cut grass than wet grass, and a touch of late summer hay. There's also dark floral notes, perhaps a lush dark red rose. What I like is that there are loads of scents to intrigue, and it's fascinating to keep sniffing to see if you can pick up another scent, yet the whole remains harmonious - all the scents group together in balance, supporting and complementing each other. It is a dignified, reassuring, mature scent - not entirely masculine because of those floral notes, but certainly commanding and authoritative. It's kind of like a confident female Sherlock Holmes. 


The scent on the burn is as complex, varied, unified, and fascinating as on the stick, though a little lighter, more jolly and fun. And I'm picking up chocolate and a mature alcohol soaked Christmas cake. Oooh - I'm loving this. I have burned it several times now, and it never disappoints. Indeed, it seems to get better each time. It's rare to come upon an incense I love as much as this.  It is available on Amazon in the UK for £9.99, including delivery. It was available in the US, but it looks to be out of stock at the moment. I suspect from the responses during our scent comparison that this will not be an incense that appeals to all - it doesn't have a broad commercial appeal; but for those, like me, who sometimes like a darker, woody, complex and fascinating scent, this one could really take off. If not stocked where you live, try contacting Koya's direct at their website: Koya's Incense.Com   


Date: Nov 2021   Score: 48 
***



A little scent comparison


India luxury box incense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: