Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 18 March 2022

Patanjali Aastha Agarbatti Rose

 


Patanjali Agarbatti - a branch of  Patanjali Ayurved, a manufacturer and distributor of various foods and goods in India, who were founded in 1956 in New Delhi, are considered one of the Top Incense Brands in India, so I'm trying them out.  AyurvedaProducts.co.uk sell Pantanjali incense for a modest price - 20g boxes for £1.49, which retail in India for 10 Rupees (10p or 13 US cents). The sticks are machine-extruded charcoal paste on a machine-cut bamboo splint, impregnated with a perfume. This is standard perfumed incense, the most popular form of incense in India. It can be used to freshen a room, to cover a bad smell, to create a mood, to keep away flies, or to be used as part of a pooja ritual. 

This is my third box, and I am not enjoying these Patanjali. Indeed, there is little to enjoy - the boxes are not attractive; little thought has been given to the design of any of them - they look like what they are: cheaply designed and made. My conclusion is that Patanjali could only be a popular incense brand in India due to low cost and ready availability, and that they are not actively obnoxious. The price of 10 Rupees for 20g is competitive, and there are few incenses which match that price. 

This is a crude rose perfume. I don't find it attractive. It's no more or less bad in terms of quality than the other two I have tried, but the scent really doesn't work for me. I find it a little cloying, and bordering on unpleasant. This is not an incense I am likely to burn in the house again.


Date: March 2022   Score: 17 
***

Best rose incense



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: