Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 15 March 2022

Prabhuji's Gifts Anahata Chakra Heart Energy Center Love & Sensitivity Patchouli, Geranium & Rose

 


This is my third Prabhuji's Gifts incense - all are in their Chakra range. Prabhuji's Gifts  are an American based spiritual company who commission their incense from India. The sales of the incense are used to finance their mission to spread the teaching of their founder, the Chilean born mystic, Prabhuji. The first sample I found to be pleasant, the second I found to be quite weak, so I am curious as to how this one will go.   

The stick is a soft, moist, crumbly, fragrant charcoal hand rolled onto a hand cut bamboo splint dyed pink, then rolled in a finishing powder. The scent on the stick is quite heady with a balance between floral and musk, and some warm woolly notes of halmaddi. It's nice, and quite promising. 

The scent on the burn is mildly pleasant, though doesn't quite live up to the promise on the stick. It's a little acidic and dry, almost harsh, with more plant like notes than aesthetically pleasing scents. Burning grass and cow dung come to mind, with some peppery sprinkles. Little of the floral and musk tones from the stick are really coming through. This does present more as low end masala incense than the more refined promise of the scent on the stick. I suspect that the scent on the stick is produced with modest doses of oils or perfumes, which evaporate quickly during the burn, leaving us with the baser, heavier notes of the plant material, which only come to life during the burn. 

 

I've now looked up images of the packet (I got my sample from Padma Store, who sent me single sticks with minimal information) - and I now see the full name (Love & Sensitivity), and the intended scents: patchouli, geranium, and rose. Well, floral and musky tones are present on the stick, which matches with the intended scents, though cruder, heavier, ill-defined plant-like scents dominate in the burn.  I like the scent on the stick, though I'm not at all keen on the scent on the burn. 


Date: March 2022    Score: 21 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: