Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 7 March 2022

Koya's Malabar Sugandh

 


A machine made perfumed incense from Koya. Malabar is a coastal area of India - I know it from Monsooned Malabar coffee, which, back in the days when I used to be able to drink coffee, was one of my favourite types of coffee. Sugandh means fragrance. So, I assume the aroma is meant to conjure up a sense of the fragrance of the Malabar coast. It is a pleasant, decently made perfume, reminiscent of fabric conditioner - a sort of "Spring Freshness" type of scent. It is floral, though also fruity - it has rounded berry and stone fruit notes - damson and cherry. Yeah, perhaps the aroma is more fruit than floral. 

This is a domestic incense - sold in India rather than exported to the West, and is sold for 12 Rupees (12p or 16 cents) for 20g. It is a pleasant everyday perfumed incense. I like it. This is the sort of cheap and cheerful everyday incense  that I'm quite happy to light up several sticks at once and scatter them around the house in the morning to quickly and cheerful brighten and wake up the place. It's not an incense that I would sit and study - it's just for casual burning. Yeah. Bright and cheerful. 



Date: March 2022   Score:   27 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: