Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 11 November 2023

Indian Incense Orkay Namaste India Pure Patchouli Premium Masala Incense

 


This is slightly different to the other three packs of  Namaste Indian masala incense I got from the Ephra World online incense shop based in Germany, available at €1.95 for 15g. All four packs are standard boxes, but the other three are slide out boxes, while this one is a top opening box. And the description is slightly different - this is a "Premium" Masala Incense, the others are "Natural" Masala Incense. Ho hum. All are aimed at the Western market, and marked "Export Only". 

This is, as with the others, gives the appearance of a solid proper job masala, with fluffy brown wood powder covering the hand rolled masala paste on the bamboo splint, which in this case has been tip dyed in blue. The stick has at some point been dipped in a volatile fragrant oil - very pleasant: woody, oily, citric, orange zest, floral. Quite inviting, though, due to the volatility, prolonged exploration gives me a freeze nose. 

The burn is attractive - woody, with the warm woolly elements I associate with halmaddi, touches of creamy milk chocolate; though without the orange fruit that was promised on the stick, and with less patchouli than I had hoped. It is, like the Buddha by the same company, a solid and attractive incense, though lacking in character or distinction, and there isn't a significant difference between them. This is very likeable incense, and I may be being somewhat harsh, but it's not really taking me anywhere, so I'm not getting excited. I'm keen to try this again in a few weeks time, and do a burn off against one or two similar incense houses, such as Vijayshree and Nikhil's

I've just burned another stick, and I found it got quite smoky and assertive, so I like this Pure Patchouli the least of the Namaste India I've tried so far. 


Date: Nov 2023   Score:  36 
***



Namaste India Incense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: