Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 11 November 2023

Indian Incense Orkay Namaste India Buddha Natural Masala Incense

 


This is the second of four Indian Incense sticks I got from the  Ephra World online incense shop based in Germany at €1.95 per 15g pack.  Attractively designed slide out box - this, for me, falls somewhere between a standard box and a luxury box. 15g - roughly 13 sticks.  Though this is intended to be a blended scent, much of what I said about the Myrrh would apply here, though I don't like this as much as the Myrrh. It has the standard everyday masala incense scent that I encounter. I might look into that one day - what is it about traditional masala (rather than the trend toward perfumed masala) that gives it that distinctive scent? It's woody, suggestions of halmaddi, generally pleasing, but on the whole unremarkable. Though there's not a lot going on here, and it's not as pleasing as the Myrrh, I do like it it. It's hovering on the border between a pleasant average Everyday masala, and something Decent enough to want to buy again.  The lack of distinctiveness, and the general impression of being average puts this just under the border. I'll be curious to return to this and the other Namaste Indian packs in about a month to see how I feel then. 


Date: Nov 2023   Score: 38 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: