Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 13 November 2023

Phool Luxury Incense Cones Nagchampa

 



Quite a heady one, this. The most smoky and perfumed Phool I've tried so far. Very floral, but not a Nag Champa floral, more a generic floral centred on roses. The ingredients are the same for all the Phool cones and sticks:  powdered sweet acacia, with jigat,  coconut shell, and guar gum.  To each are then added the fragrance ingredients for the named fragrance in both powdered and oil or liquid form. These cones have marigold in powder and oil forms, and frangipani in oil form. That would explain why it has such a floral aroma, but not a Nag Champa aroma. This is not a classic Nag Champa - there is no sandalwood, and there is no magnolia champaca, the two common (essential?) ingredients in a classic Nag Champa. This is closer to what is normally sold as a Champa, which does use frangipani (plumeria).  

This burns quickly, scorching the fragrant ingredients so at times it just smells of burning, especially when it gets to the end. 

I like the social intent of Phool, the positive recycling, the sustainability, and I love the quality packaging. But I can't get on at all with the formulations and the scents. 


Date: Nov 2023   Score: 23
***




4 comments:

  1. Yea I also noticed that when burning this. I smells like Moksh’a Swarna Champa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I burned it, but I preferred Moksh Swarna Champa. Proper job everyday perfumed incense. No bells or whistles, just a decent scent well made. Not heavenly, but very pleasant.

      Delete
    2. Yea I agree with you. I love moksh’s swarna champa.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: