Incense In The Wind

Burner Burner - Carhartt jacket incense burner

Saturday 4 May 2024

Gamta It Smells Like Saffron Rose

 


Gamta are a relatively new incense house based in Mumbai who use Panchgavya products in their incense -  they blend cow products, such as milk, dung, and ghee, into the incense paste according to Ayurveda principles. They use a liquid fragrance - possibly an essential oil with a carrier and fixative such as DEP - in the incense paste to deliver the key scents. 

As with the other Gamta samples I've tried, this has a rather strong chemical odour on the stick combined with the earthier elements. I've found the  earthy elements to reduce and the chemical odour to have grown stronger as I've moved through the samples, this could be coincidence, though I'm inclined to suspect it may be due to me becoming more sensitised to the odour.  There is a sense of rose about the scent, though it's a synthetic rose in disinfectant smell. Not great. 


Available in India and the West via Aavyaa


When lit there is copious black smoke and a wild flame, such as you'd get when burning plastic. However, when blown out, the stick settles into a steady and consistent burn with an attractive brown and grey swirling column of smoke. I like the sight of incense smoke, so I'm pleased when there's an attractive column, such as here. The brown colour I don't think I've been aware of outside of these Gamta sticks. I like it. 

There is a warm, slightly sweet, slightly floral scent on the burn, backed by mild woods. Gently pleasant and relaxing. This is a modestly attractive incense.


Date: May 2024   Score: 28
***

Gamta Incense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: