Incense In The Wind

Burner Burner - Carhartt jacket incense burner

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Flourish Fragrance Dhyanam

 


A decently fat stick, machine extruded onto a plain machine cut bamboo splint. A complex and arresting display of scents on the stick: cherry, copal, mineral, camphor, sea water on a hot sandy beach, leather, earthy decay, dust, herbs.  This reminds me of another stick - both in appearance and scent, but I can't put my finger on which stick. I like the scent on the stick. There is some mild volatility, but no more than normal for a modern mainstream Indian incense.  The name Dhyanam relates to meditation. 

There is a pleasantly exotic, Arabian scent on burning - it feels scented and natural. Touches of fruit and sweetness among the cool mineral notes - hints of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit. It is a cleansing scent, fairly heady and a touch sharp. I'd prefer more depth and sweetness and sensuality, and less of the sharpness. The headiness I find a little off-putting, though that's mainly because it's not my type of incense. I think I would enjoy it if it were warmer and more sultry. I'm finding it a little too heady, sharp, and assertive for indoor use. A decent cleansing incense, though not one for me. 

Flourish Fragrance Dhyanam may sometimes turn up on eBay, and can be bought from Aavyaa in India with free international shipping if you spend over £50. The wooden incense holder in the photo was sent to me by Aida of IncenseBurnerHolder.com.  


Date: May 2024   Score: 25 
***
 
Flourish Fragrance


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: