Incense In The Wind

Burner Burner - Carhartt jacket incense burner

Saturday 4 May 2024

Flourish Fragrance

 


Flourish Fragrance are an incense house based in Ahmedabad on the upper Western coast of India. They produce perfumed and masala style incense. They have experience of incense making dating back three generations to 1965. 

Flourish samples


Reviews


  
May 2024 - Score: 30 


  
Flourish Fragrance Indian Kasturi Natural (PM)
May 2024 - Score: 26 


  
Flourish Fragrance Dhyanam (M)
May 2024 - Score: 25 


  
Flourish Fragrance Jasmine (P)
May 2024 - Score: 20


Flourish Fragrance Violet (P)
Sept 2021 - Score: 20 


  
Flourish Fragrance Mystic (P)
May 2024 - Score: 18 



Scents reviewed: 6
Top score: 30
Bottom score: 18
Average: 23

Conclusion: The appearance on a number of sticks is that these are masala style; however, Flourish use very noticeable chemicals and synthetic scents which are somewhat harsh and off-putting. Despite that, the musky based scents are reasonably attractive. I'm really put off by the crude use of chemicals, however somewhat intrigued by the musky nature of some of the scents. The Bilvapatra is different enough to hold my interest. I'm not going to hunt down any Flourish incense, but I'm keeping my opinion open, and wouldn't reject trying more scents. 

***



6 comments:

  1. I've tried their Supreme, Lavendrous, Jasmine and Mysore Kasturi. Sadly I found them unpleasant and crude. The lavendrous was worrisome, I've never seen that much black smoke come off an incense stick when lighting. Normally I offer incense to friends if I'm unlikely to burn it, but these went in the bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dealing with the Kasturi now, and the scent on the stick is fairly wicked - as was the Jasmine. More like toilet disinfectant blocks than soothing incense. However, to be fair, the scent on the burn is acceptable - quite woody and musky.

      Delete
    2. Did you buy your Flourish in the UK, Chris? I can't find any outlets. I suspect these samples were send to me by Aavyaa.

      Delete
    3. Chris Burns

      Delete
    4. I got them from here Steve:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265044561203?itmmeta=01HX53PYKBHH82317V8MEX6KQK Same place we talked about on reddit a while ago.

      Delete
    5. I remember you recommending that source, eBay, and I have used it. I also seem to recall you saying to avoid one of the makers, which I think was Flourish.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: