Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 2 March 2024

Nikhil's Nature's Blessings Rose

 


Rose, especially synthetic rose, based on the fragrance of the damask rose, is a common scent for everyday incense.  I am not a big lover of single floral scents in incense, and I'm not attracted by the idea of a rose incense - it's not a scent I can see myself reaching for above other scent choices. Yet, it seems I have reviewed over 40 rose scented incenses,  and a good number of them I have scored highly. Get the rose scent right and it IS attractive - it's a heady, compelling, delicious little scent with a distinctive identity. And it seems to be a scent that, while complex to reproduce synthetically, requiring several chemical compounds to get it right, can be reproduced rather successfully. This has a lovely Turkish delight rose water scent - no not quite, it is more bitter and tannic than that. It's more like rose flavoured tea. It is warm, sultry, quite Arabian in character. 

I've not really got on with this Nature's Blessings range by Nikhil's of Bangalore; and I really wasn't expecting to like this budget synthetic rose scented incense. But, there you go. I am liking it.  Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth - Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now. 


Date: Feb 2024    Score: 32
***

Nikhil's Products of Bangalore




7 comments:

  1. Finally you found a good incense from Nikhil’s Natures Blessings Range. TBH, I find most of the incense makers make rose incense good, whether the incense smells like authentic rose water like Cycle Rose, Hem a precious Gulab and Nikhil’s Rose Dhoop Sticks, a pure rose fragrance like Parimal Pure Rose, BIC Red Velvet and Balaji Rose, or a synthetic rose fragrance like Arsi Rose, Alaukik Sweet Rose and Hem Madhur Gulab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to mention 2 of rose incenses I tried, Tulasi areal Rose which smells like Pure Rose to me and Shalimar Rose which smells like a good synthetic rose.

      Delete
    2. There are a number of scents which work well as a synthetic, and rose seems to be one of them.

      Delete
    3. I've just counted, and it looks like I've reviewed 46 different rose scents since starting this blog.

      Delete
    4. Oh my god. I have tried 15 Rose incenses and 30 sandalwood incenses as sandalwood is my favorite fragrance and have a real sandalwood log and oil I got from Mysore.

      Delete
    5. 49 sandalwood incenses. I love sandalwood. The average score for sandalwood incenses is much higher than that for the rose incenses!

      Delete
    6. Oh my god, you tried a lot of sandalwood incenses. Well I guess we have the similar likings. I have recently tried One masala incense from Sandesh called Sandal Fashion and I was kind of dissatisfied, it was very mild with oudh overpowering it.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: