Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 22 October 2023

Balaji Chandan Incense Sticks

 


Hex pack of machine-extruded perfumed incense from Balaji.  There was a time when I liked hex packs - most incense was sold in hex packs (or simply tubes) when I was a young hippy. Though quality incense like Spiritual Sky (the original 70s Krishna Temple Spiritual Sky, not the crap that is sold under that name these days) was sold in flat packs. Anyway, because of that nostalgic association, I still have a certain childish fondness for the hex pack. But, as I knew before opening the pack, the contents are low end everyday perfumed incense. It seems that these days hex packs simply are low end everyday perfumed sticks. I wonder if quality and/or masala style incense sticks have ever been sold in hex packs. I might spend a lazy half an hour going through my Top of the Dhoops! Best Rated Incense to see what is the highest placed incense in a hex pack.*

Meanwhile - yes, this Chandan. Well, Balaji do another, more well known sandalwood incense, and that is Balaji Chandan Pure Mysore Sandal Sticks. This is not to be confused with that. There's some synthetic sandalwood, some charcoal, and floral notes, mostly rose. It's an OK low end everyday room freshener.  Pretty much what I expect these days from a hex pack. Which is where we came in

*Well, that didn't take long - I have long had a fondness for HEM Frankincense-Myrrh, and have scored that highly on two reviews. However, the last review was over five years ago - and I am now marking all reviews over five years old as unreliable. 

Date: Oct 2023   Score: 23

***

Balaji Agarbatti Company



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: