Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 8 October 2023

NKlaus Drei Konige (Three Kings) resin

 


I was looking for an adjustable incense burner. I have two electric burners, but the heat cannot be adjusted, so I resort to using layers of foil to reduce the heat, and so slow down the burn, which is fiddly, and charcoal is so messy to use. I looked for an adjustable tea light burner and found that Amazon have a number under the name NKlaus, a German company. I chose the one in the picture, which is simple, with clean lines, and has a wooden handle - it works very well.  In the box with the burner was a sample packet of resin - Drei Konige. I had a look on Amazon and found that NKlaus also sells resin, but unfortunately I couldn't find an actual website for the company, so looking for a selection of resin by NKlaus on Amazon is difficult because the company sells a wide range of religious and other material. 

Anyway. Drei Konige is a well known blend of incense, Three Kings, which is inspired by the biblical story of the three kings bringing gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh, so a Three Kings blend will involve frankincense and myrrh with a third resin to represent the gold, generally benzoin as it can have a golden colour. Some sellers will dye pieces of resin to add colour and interest - the Drei Konige resin that NKlaus market has some green dyed pieces. It does look attractive. 

There isn't much scent from the resin when cold - it needs to be warmed up. I found it produces the most pleasing result for me when warmed slowly. Warm butter and lemon notes come first, then a church incense aroma, warm, delicate, simple yet profound with soft wood notes and hints of vanilla. I find it pleasant and attractive and calming, though it doesn't excite me or carry me away, I do find it quite cleansing and uplifting, and I find the range of scents, and the way they shimmer and dance together, to be stimulating. I am drawn to this incense, and have been rapidly going through my sample pack. 


Date: Oct 2023    Score:  37 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: