Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 27 October 2023

Quiran Om Ylang Ylang

 
Second review - scroll down for earlier


Basic and poorly made machine extruded everyday perfumed-charcoal incense made in India for a Portuguese import company, Quiran.  I can't remember where I got this from - it turned up now because I'm having a sort out of my incense stocks. It's kinda mildly interesting for me as a collector of incense because I'm pretty sure this is the first incense I've had from a Portuguese reseller. Of course, it's no different from any other everyday perfumed incense, but I like to know a little bit about the cultures of other countries, and I feel it brings everyone a little bit closer when we discover that we like the same things, and we burn the same incense. 

Having said all that, this is pretty poor stuff. This really is the lower end, bargain basement kinda stuff that even our cats are gonna hate if we put it in the outhouse. I may just throw this away. There's not much in the way of  perfumed scent on the burn. On the stick there's a sweet lemony scent, like sherbet, and a touch of banana. But on the burn those top notes just vanish, and all that is left is slightly acrid smoke. 


Date: Oct 2023   Score: 12 


Ooop - I've already reviewed this. I found it when I searched through my posts to see if I had previously reviewed any ylang ylang scents. I'm merging the two reviews together here, and deleting the earlier one.  


First review

Cheap perfumed incense bought cheaply from Little Dorrit hippy shop in Rochester.  Not good, but not offensive, and - to be fair - I don't think the pack is fresh. 

Made in India ("from Natural Ingredients") by an unknown company; packaged for Quiran, an import company based in Lisbon, Portugal.  The claim is that the scent is "aphrodisiac", and creates "calm".  The scent is light, lemony, gently floral. Not being fresh, the scent of burning charcoal occasionally intrudes.  Ylang ylang is a the common name for the cananga tree, which grows in parts of southeast Asia such as Thailand and Indonesia. The essential oil gathered from the flowers of the tree are also called ylang ylang, and are commonly used in perfume, where it is known as The Queen of Perfumes, and is one of the three main scent ingredients in Chanel No. 5.  



Date: Sept 2022    Score: 21 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: