Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 12 October 2023

BIC Erva Doce (Fennel)

 

The square pack samples sent to me by BIC are for the South American market (I've checked my stats, and I don't have many readers in South America), but these packs (all perfume-dipped charcoal, 9 inches long with 7 inches of incense, 8 sticks per pack) are sold in 40 to 50 countries around the world (depending on which source I read). The BIC catalogue lists 89 different square pack scents, including 3 multipacks (3-in-1); though at least one scent appears to be listed twice - Coco and Coconut. 

This is the second square pack in my samples to be machine extruded, so I expect that the rest of the packs would be a mix of hand-rolled and machine-extruded, depending on which facility was used. BIC and Balaji (an incense company I am currently curious about, and who have coincidently also recently sent me a box of samples for review) joined together in 2020 under the operational name Bindu Incense Craft, so they are sharing some logistics for production and distribution.  

Anyway, the Erva Doce (Fennel) has been burning away as I've been writing, and I haven't paid much attention to it, and it hasn't made much of an impression. However, now that I'm focusing, there is a herby aniseed accord, supported by a musky/woody base, and patchouli middle notes. It is gentle and discreet, and certainly quite pleasant. It's not going to get me excited, but it is an attractive and likeable scent. Mild, unobtrusive, cleansing, a bit of fun. I'm happy to burn this in the house as a modest, fun, everyday scent. The more I pay attention to this, the more I like it. I'm quite enjoying these BIC square pack sticks. 


Date: Oct 2023   Score:  29 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: