Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 21 October 2023

Ekom

 


Ekom are  a new incense company founded in 2022 in the young city of Chandigarh with its bold modern architecture by Corbusier.  This year (2023) Ekom have won an award for being the "Sustainable Incense Brand of The Year". Their products are organic, with no charcoal, or potassium nitrate, or chemicals. The aim is to produce a modern, natural, gentle and subtle incense. 

I really like the aim of the company, I like the packaging and presentation, and for what they are doing the prices are good - RRP is 150 Rupees for a pack of 42 sticks. However, they are not for me. The scents lack the depth and richness I enjoy. I find them a little dry, simple, and modest. However, they may well suit those who like The Mother's incense, Japanese incense, or Tibetan incense. The dryness might suit those who enjoy The Mother's; and the mildness and (to be fair) the purity might suit those who enjoy Japanese incense. This might also be enjoyed by those who like Tibetan incense.  The sticks I've had have been 8 inches long, with approx. 6 to 7 inches of  machine extruded sandy brown paste applied to a machine-cut undyed bamboo splint. 

Available from Aavyaa at 300 Rupees (£3) for a pack of 42 sticks (postage included). 


Reviews


Ekom Kasturi
Sept 2023   Score:  32 


Ekom Woody
Oct 2023   Score:  30


Ekom Chandanam
Oct 2023   Score:  27

 
Oct 2023   Score:  23


Reviews: 4
High score: 32
Low score: 23
Average: 28 (Modest or average incense)

Conclusion:  I like the sustainability and purity, however the mildness, dryness, and simplicity of the scents is not to my taste. I will certainly try any samples or offers that come my way, and also keep an eye open for future developments (the company is still young), but for the moment this is not an incense house for me. 

***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: