Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 5 January 2024

Sai Handicrafts UK Masala

 


I'm not quite sure why this is called a masala when it's not a lot different to the other incenses from Sai Handicrafts. Perhaps a bit fatter and scruffier. Scent on the stick is floral, citric, cool, slightly sherbety, leaning slightly toward a room freshener fragrance. It's pleasant rather than engaging. 

The burn is bolder and smokier than the other Sai Handicrafts sticks (joysticks, Pinkesh calls them - a variation on joss sticks), and I find it a little intrusive without appropriate justification. The scent on the burn, as on the stick, is pleasant, floral, playing around on the fringe of sherbet sweet. I like it, but it doesn't lift me as much as some of the other Sai incense. I think the scent is a little too light and floral for me. And that lightness of fragrance means the scent doesn't really show itself against the core burning material of the stick, which is probably why it feels so smoky. I like it, but it's not, for me, one of the most attractive of the Sai output. 


Date: Jan 2024    Score: 33
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: