Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 17 January 2024

(Wonder Incense) New Moon Aromas Arabian Wood

 


When I first encountered New Moon Aromas I liked them. They are a perfumed masala brand aimed at the West by Wonder Imports (Australia) and Wonder Incense Ltd (UK). The packets - standard 15g masala cardboard box - are attractively designed, and would sit well in a New Age shop, which is probably New Moon's main market.  As I got more familiar with them, and tried new ones, and went back and reviewed older ones, I liked them less. They are presented as masala, though the main thrust of the scent component is chemical. That is, either the scent is synthetic, or it is an essential oil that has been blended with DEP - a diluting fluid that can cause headaches and eye sting.  I feel that New Moon use DEP, and they use too much of it. This is a very heady stick, gushing great bouts of smoke and irritation into the room. There is, yes, an awareness of agarwood, but not a profound or delightful awareness, and that is weighed against the massive intrusion into the house of irritating chemicals. I had to leave the room, and even in the next room my eyes were stinging and I have developed a headache. This is nasty stuff. 

I remember buying this box when ordering a bundle of Vijayshree incenses off TheHolisticEmporium on the Isle of Wight, on the basis of giving New Moon another go. I'm always willing to give people and incense another go. But something significant now has to happen to persuade me to buy any more.  And, each to their own - we're all individual with individual tastes and responses, so New Moon may work for you; however, for anyone trying New Moon for the first time, my advice would be to ensure you are in a large room with the window open. And even if you are accustomed to New Moon, and don't get headaches, I would still caution you to keep the window open because of the potential harm from burning incense


Date: Feb 2022   Score: 19 
***

New Moon Aromas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: