Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Thursday 4 January 2024

Sai Handicrafts UK Hand Rolled Agarwood

 


Another good incense by Sai Handicrafts, a small UK company importing from India and selling at festivals around the UK. Pinkesh of Sai Handicrafts tells me they make the incenses themselves. The scent on the stick is propelled by a liquid perfume or oil, there's a fair degree of cool volatility. However, there's a pleasant earthy woodiness along with a patchouli, mint, and rocket salad herbiness.  The burn, as with all the other Sai sticks, is solid, steady, long lasting, fully warming the room and house with a fine scent that neither overwhelms nor hides away in the corner. This is proper incense. You don't have to work at it - it comes to you, gently and politely, and ever so welcome.  There's a peppery aspect to the scent on the burn, which carries with it the elements that I found on the stick. It's good stuff. Though, to be fair, it's not exactly on target for agarwood; lacking the richness, the muskiness, the sexiness I associate with that wood. There are balsamic vinegar moments, though with a little too much weight on the vinegar, and not quite enough on the sweet balsamic nature of balsamic vinegar. 

On the whole a very pleasant and well made incense, though, for me, not as attractive as the other sticks from Sai. Just a tad too narrow in its range, and not quite sweet or musky or woody enough for my taste. I won't say it's not as good quality as the others, as I feel the same production method and costings have been used, just that this is not to my taste. I feel that, on the whole, Sai incense is decent quality providing, for me, some heavenly moments. I don't find Sai to be world class,  but damn good, and certainly excellent value for money for those looking for fairly straightforward and somewhat traditional single scent incense. 


Date: Jan 2024    Score: 37
***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: