Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 17 January 2024

Goloka Nature's Supreme

 


Woody, musky, exotic, erotic, warm, sweet, herbal, evocative, patchouli..... Yes, this is the sort of Goloka I like. I've just reviewed two Goloka packets, Nature's Sandalwood and Goodearth; while both were decent, well made incense, I found them quite simple and ultimately unsatisfying. This rounded, sensual, mysterious incense has restored my faith in the ability of Goloka to produce delicious, enveloping, and rewarding incense that will stand out as something special at a low cost. 

That's not to get carried away and declaim this as a heavenly incense - some Goloka have got there, but those are older reviews which may be unreliable; most Goloka incense is decent, and all are good value for money. 

A decent woody, musky masala incense. It feels natural. It feels comforting and embracing. Nice one.  


Date: Jan 2024     Score: 37    

***

Goloka


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks interesting I’ll try this. I liked Goloka’s Natures Nest and Meditation form their Nature collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My experience with Goloka has generally been positive. I sometimes wonder what it is about an incense that is most important in me liking it. Is it the maker. The scent. Or the production method? What is the order of preference? I've never really fussed about the production method - masala, or perfumed, or resin. Instinctively I would say that resin would be my preferred form of incense, but my reviews run counter to that. I remember back when I started this blog I burned some amber resin (not reviewed) and was blown away. And I've been questing ever since on repeating that experience. But I just couldn't seem to get it right. I tried charcoal discs and various burners sometimes using foil and sometimes not. I've recently got an adjustable tea-light burner, and early efforts are promising. I've tried some Goloka resin and it didn't work for me. Now that I have my adjustable burner I might give the Goloka resin another go.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: