Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 26 January 2024

Elbenzauber Tallisin Krauter

 


There seems to be a Celtic thing going on with the naming of Elbenzauber's incenses. Their Lugnasad-Blüten referenced an Irish harvest festival, while the name of this appears to reference Taliesin, a Welsh bard.  The name "Elbenzauber" translates as Elven magic, which to me feels kinda Celtic. Elbenzauber are a German importer of  Indian incense which they rebrand as their own - something that doesn't really excite me, as I don't know whose made this incense, and I may well have already bought it under a different name. They do, however, make some incense themselves in Germany, which they call the Ritual range. I am very interested in this Ritual incense, and when my backlog has been reduced a bit, I'll be getting hold of some.  

Available from Sensatonics
for €
4.90 for 15gms 


This Tallisin Krater is quite a dry, slightly spicy or peppery, fairly sombre incense. It's attractive, though not really sweet or rich enough for my personal taste. It's herby, mineral, some camphor, some chalky notes. The fragrance inclines towards heady - it certainly makes itself known in the room, and doesn't require wafting, but holds off from being intrusive.  While fairly dry on the burn. it's sweeter on the stick, with some suggestions of benzoin - hints of vanilla, banana, florals. It does leave an attractive and cleansing, warm, mildly sweet, vanilla and mineral after aroma. 

It's likeable and admirable in its naturalness, and while it doesn't fully engage my interest or emotions, it is an incense I'm happy to explore again. SamsaSpoon of  Rauchfahne sent me the  Elbenzauber samples, and was generous enough to send me at least two sticks where possible, so I will return to the range in a month or two and see how I feel then. 

The blurb on HouseOfHealingBerlin  is "An aromatic floral mix with camphor and gingerlily which is combined to create a spicy, fresh scent which cleanses auras."

Date: Jan 2024    Score: 35 
***

Reviewed on Rauchfahne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: