Incense In The Wind

Burner Burner - Carhartt jacket incense burner

Monday 29 January 2024

Aromatika Spiritual Guru Incense Sticks

 


I have around thirty cardboard boxes of various sizes in my study in which I store the bulk of my incense. IO have been dipping into one of these boxes a lot over the past few days. I just chose the box at random when I wanted a quick break from reviewing some Elebenzauber samples that SamsaSpoon of Rauchfahne had sent me, and wanted a couple of other incenses to compare. It holds various packets of incense from brands I used to review a lot a few years ago - Satya, Goloka, HEM, Tulasi, etc, some of which I had never reviewed. I've been enjoying picking out these unreviewed incenses and in a sense going into my past, to the days when I reviewed those brands quite regularly. It's also given me an opportunity to revisit the posts in which I compile all my reviews of a brand, and to check and update them.  Today's packet is a square packet of Aromatika synthetic-perfumed charcoal sticks.  I reviewed a bunch of Aromatika masala incense around 2015, and then a bunch of perfumed cones around 2021. My conclusions were that the masala incense was OK, but the perfumed stuff was low end everyday room freshener.  I'm not sure where this square pack of Aromatika came from, as I have reviewed no other Aromatika square packs - perhaps it was sent as a sample from a shop. 

Anyway. The stick has a soapy, mineral scent. Typical synthetic rom freshener.  Mildly pleasant, but not engaging. The sticks are machine made - which, if I remember rightly, so were the Aromatika masala sticks. The burn is a little fast. but mostly quite steady. The fragrance on the burn is quite gentle, pleasant, and unobtrusive. It just smells of generic perfumed soap. There's nothing specific I can immediately spot, and the incense is not interesting enough for me to spend any time identifying the scents. It's floral with a woody base - which is pretty much most Indian incense.  It's sort of meh - nothing here of any real interest. It's low end everyday room freshener. 


Date: Jan 2024 - Score: 22

***

  Aromatika


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: