Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 20 January 2024

Satya (Mumbai) Californian White Sage

 


I've been burning this for the past few days thinking it was the Reiki, which is one of my favourite Satya incenses, and feeling disappointed that it didn't live up to my memory. And then I discovered the mistake, and was relieved, because Reiki is still, for me, a brilliant fragrance. Now, that's not to say that this is a duffer, because it aint. It's a damn fine incense, and one of the fairly early Mumbai Satya's which had returned to a proper masala style in place of the heavy reliance on synthetic perfumes. The scent on the stick has some of the warm, herby, lively tones of sage. It ranges from warm sandalwood to juicy lemon. The scent on the burn echoes that on the stick, though less defined. It lacks clarity and definition - though it does produce a general sense of pleasant fragrance. 


Date: Jan 2024   Score: 28
***

Satya (Shrinivas Sugandhalaya)


2 comments:

  1. I recently got this and I loved this incense. I recently stumbled upon an ad for Satya Agarbathies-https://youtu.be/JWZMHj_mJpw?si=Wr42hzD0o7-iUelw, which looked like it is a Satya Mumbai ad or Satya before it got split.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good find.

      It has the original logo. The first Mumbai logo had a large red S on a squashed blue S. The logo in this advert has the original - large blue S on a squashed red S.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: