Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 29 January 2024

Tulasi Violet Floral Incense Sticks


 
My blast-from-the-past box is the box that keeps giving. There are many incenses I've reviewed in there, but as I scrummage through I keep finding packets that haven't been touched - such as this Violet by Tulasi. I like the smell of  Parma Violets - it's a synthetic scent, but a decent one. And it crops up now and again in incense, though not that often by itself. And when it does, as with
Flourish Fragrance Violet, SAC Arcangel Zadquiel, and Aargee Stamford Violet, I haven't found it that successful.  Tulasi (or, rather,  Sarathi, the company who make the Tulasi brand incense) have made a masala violet incense under their Sri Govinda brand name: Madhava Violet & Amber, though that is blended with amber. I didn't find that successful either. 

These sticks have a delightful fresh Parma Violets fragrance on the stick, but it struggles to come through on the burn. It's there, but faintly, and cannot assert itself above the scent of the core material - the charcoal, binders, and bamboo stick. However, it does remain delicately in the room for a while - gently teasing with a hint of sweet violets. 

On the whole, not successful. However, to be fair, this is not a fresh box - this is likely to be from a job lot I got back in 2017, and somehow escaped being reviewed.  Perfumed incense is always better when fresh.  I would say after 5 years this scent would have degraded by approx 50%, so I'll add that to the score)


Date: Jan 2024  Score: (18 +50% =) 27 
***

More Tulasi reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: