Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 5 January 2024

Sai Handicrafts UK Hand Rolled Jumbo Sandalwood (Heritage)

 



This is a huge dhoop - 7 1/2 inches long, and 1/2 inch thick. It's supposed to come with a stand, but mine didn't. It cost £4, just for one incense stick. Not cheap, but it is jumbo! This is the sort of stick that's best burned outside, but I was curious, so I set it up inside to see how it went. I was fully expecting overwhelming smoke, as that has often been my experience with large dhoops, especially wet dhoops such as Vaishnodevi Gugal Dhoop, but this is surprisingly soft, and not too smoky. Though, to be fair, I didn't burn it for its full length. I should image it would burn for hours! 

It has quite an oily, earthy scent - coconut, camphor, menthol, tea tree. Pleasant enough, though not exactly on target for sandalwood. It's an acceptable scent, which leaves a lingering, cleansing scent in the room. 


Date: Jan 2024    Score: 33
***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: