Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 22 January 2024

Vijayshree Golden Nag Darshan cones





A vibrantly scented square shaped incense cone from Vijayshree in their Golden Nag series.  Darshan is the lucky glimpse of a sacred god or holy person. The scent on the cone is robust, and just by themselves the cones informed my room with a curious and attractive scent. The fragrance on the cone is tantalising - fairly dry and herbal: sage, lemongrass, perhaps a touch of lavender, camphor, moth balls, dusty, medicinal, stimulating, with a faint sense of black cherry. It's fascinating, and, though a little too dry and serious for my personal taste, I find it attractive and beguiling.  

The scent on the burn is richer, sweeter, musky, woody - quite dark, but more attractive and uplifting than the scent on the cone. It firmly informs and sweetens the room, and leaves a musky, sexy, darkly sweet presence. I love this incense. 

I have strongly liked all the Vijayshree incenses I have tried so far, though have not yet fallen in love. I am, though, being somewhat seduced by this  particular cone. Last year I bought a bundle of Vijayshree sticks and cones with the intention of exploring this incense house further. This Darshan comes from that haul. I will be investigating more of that haul either this month or next. 


Date: Jan 2024    Score: 40 
***
Vijayshree Fragrance


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: