Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 25 February 2024

Damodaras Bhagwandas Sugandhi Agarwood

 


This stick from Damodaras Bhagwandas Sugandhi (DBS) of Pune, neighbours of Haridas Madhavdas Sugandhi (HMS) and Vinasons, was sent to me by Eugene of incense importer Bhagwan Incense when he was doing research for his business, and had just visited Pune.  I have a few more that I will settle down and review shortly - I just grabbed this one quickly while I was searching for more Milo's Temple incense to review (and failing to find because I have so many boxes of incense, and it's all a bit disorganised!), but thought it would be useful to compare against the Milo's Temple Agar Wood I've just burned.  

  


I know little about DBS, and I think few people do. I do love the look and feel of their shop, and it makes me really want to to visit Pune. Like HMS they claim a long history (going back 150 years) in incense making, and like HMS they pride themselves on being natural and traditional. This Agarwood is from their Premium range, and is awesome. It is bang on for the rich, heady, exotic, erotic, heady, beautiful, dizzy heights of oudh. I absolutely love it. I will give this a fuller review later (and will need to anyway, because I'm scoring this high, and under my rules I now have to put it in my Purgatory category for a month, then review again before placing it in my Top Drawer category). But at the moment, without a doubt, this is a beautiful, rich, and natural smelling agarwood/oudh incense - I suspect that a fair deal of patchouli and vetivert were used in the blend, along with sandalwood and cedarwood oil. Quite sublime. 


Date: Feb 2024   Score: 48
***

2 comments:

  1. I LOOVE this incense. A nice oudh blend. I went to Pune last year and I got 5 incenses from vinasons, 7 incnese from DBS and 1 incense from HMS. Along with their agarwood I love their chanchala, shambhavi and special chandan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Special Chandan on my desk to review today!

      Delete

Please leave a comment: