Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 7 February 2024

Om Sai's Trishala Gulab Incense Sticks

 


A synthetic rose scent applied to a machine-extruded stick. Quite chemical and volatile on the stick, though there is some rose scent among the toilet cleaner fragrance. Fairly harsh, though. 

I'm not a big fan of synthetic rose; indeed, the rose scent in particular, even when made from natural petals, is not one that excites me. Though I will stop to experience the scent of a rose when passing by, and will usually enjoy the bouget.  I think it's when the rose scent is divorced from the flower that I tend to like it least. And that's probably through association with common cheap perfumes, especially those chosen by older women. And there was a time when older women would place packets of rose petals in their clothing drawers, especially the underwear drawer, in order to keep them sweet smelling. So I have this association of old women smelling of stale rose and urine and mustiness.  So, after sniffing the stick, and with my slightly negative association with the rose scent, I'm not exactly looking forward to the burn, and I've been typing all this nonsense while the stick burns on the desk in front of me. 

There is a gentle awareness of rose in the room. A sort of sodden, old fashioned, though slightly sweet rose. Old rose. Perhaps a bit of Turkish delight.  It's not as heady as I expected. Nor is it harsh or chemical, though neither is it fresh and natural. It is a but musty and old ladies knickers. There is also a fair degree of smoke in the overall fragrance. It's not great, but it's not as bad as I was expecting. Similar in some degree to Aravinda's Rose  and Tulasi White Rose.  Sold at 75 Rupees (75p) for 100g  in India - in line with other budget everyday incense, often sold in zipper packs. 


Date: Feb 2023   Score:  20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: