Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 24 February 2024

Ranga Rao Cycle Brand Lia Applee

 

A huge pack (107g) of dirt cheap, machine-made perfumed-charcoal fruit-scented sticks by Ranga Rao under their Cycle Brand logo in the Lia range. This is a budget pack of over 60 sticks sold with a complementary pack of soap strips. Very similar to the Samtrupti, which I reviewed last year. The pack sells for 50 Rupees in India (approx 50p); I got mine from Aavyaa for approx £1 with free shipping from India if you buy enough incense. 

There is a soapy synthetic apple scent on the stick, with some mild minty volatility. The sticks are 10 inches long with between 7 1/2 and 8 inches of charcoal paste.  It burns at a moderate pace with a discrete amount of smoke and a casual aroma of faint fake apple. It's a little flat and disappointing - fruit scent incenses are often quite bright and cheerful.  I think Cycle have gone so far down down the route of making this a cheap incense that offers so much, that they forgot the fragrance is the main thing.  At this price, though, I'm sure people will be happy to burn several at the same time. I don't think I will because, while not rude or ugly, the fragrance is not a happy one. It's quite meagre. Fine for keeping the cats company in the outhouse. 

"Fruity & Fascinating" and "Feast your senses with radiant accords of fresh apples". So much for the blurb. 


Date: Feb 2024   Score: 22   
***

Ranga Rao 

Fruit Fragrances
That'll Make You Drool

2 comments:

  1. I hate fruity incense but this is one of the fruity incense which I like. The only incense I hate from Lia range is their citric tango which smelt like dirt, thank god they discontinued it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate fruity scents, but there is something about them that feels childish or commercial so I can't get serious about them. However, they can be bright and fun. Rather like fruity beers. On a lazy, hot summer afternoon, when the heat is pressing down, and everything smells dusty and faded, a bright, cheerful fruit incense can be just the thing to perk us up.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: